Guides and support for various TV brands and styles.

Red light blinks 14 times

TV red light blinks 14 times over and over with no picture or sound.

Panasonic Viera 50"

Tc-p50st30

I did a hard reset and cleaned the dust off the boards.....nothing but 14 blinks.

I also unhooked the A board and plugged back in and turned on. Red light just stayes on..... ??

Hi oldturkey03,

Thank`s for your suggestion, i appreciate that .Took out the A board, and let my colege have a look at it- we`ll see what`s gonna happen.I let You know what`s the result.

Miroslav Sur

90301 Senec-Slovakia

OPEN ALL THE TABS

RAM Upgrade Kits for Mac

Shop Kits

Enough RAM
For All The Tabs

Shop Kits

@alsf250 start with this information:

14 BLINKS This code is triggered if there are abnormalities during data exchange with the standby CPU ROM. No F15V connected to the A board at plug-in (Open connection of both pins 10 & 11 between P6 and A6) Shorted F15V developed after the TV is up and running. Holding the power switch for over 5 seconds after the unit has gone into shut down and it’s in lock mode with the power LED solid red (Note: the LED stays on if the power button is momentarily pressed). Commonly failed boards are the A- P

This model also has issues with the SC board " if you have a multimeter , measure the resistance at Vsus lines to the SC and SS and see if dead short. TV off .

If shorted then you'll have to isolate Vsus power to each board (SC , SS) and check at the SC and SS connectors.

Or , remove the Vsus power lead from the SC, turn the TV on, if the front LED starts flashing like it's starting up and then stops with a different SOS code (other than solid or 14 blinks) that would indicate what was just removed was shorted.

If no change, reconnect (check there's no residual voltage present), do same for SS. From here

Could be SC or SS.

Did you ever get this fixed or is the tv junk

This is problm show that is foult in your power supply not in A board

jeetu solanki "Commonly failed boards are the A- P" follow the flow chart P for Power :-)

I think you have it correct, but what flowchart are you speaking of? Do you have it handy? I’m still trying to fix my repeating 14 blinking ST-30 55 inch Panasonic plasma. I was head of electronics department at a Sears and sold so many of those, as I really felt it was one of the Best Buys at The time, 2011 - 2012 or so. I was so shocked a few years later to hear that Panasonic shut down its main plant, I Believe in the United States, but maybe it was Japan. And really shocked that everyone phased out plaza mall together. We all know why now, but then although there was a bit of heat coming off the front of the TV, I mentioned to people that LCD TVs put the heat from the back because of backlighting, And not the front. But I still think his son awesome picture from that particular series. I’m surprised all the bars are so usually available on eBay still. I guess there’s a lot of people with similar problems that really want to keep that piece of equipment going.

Best,

Seth

Did u ever get ur tv fixed

That seems to be the consensus of various places I looked, so I purchased a power board and replaced it; but no change. 14 repeating blinks. Then I got to looking around even more online, and Several forums that technicians frequented, could be one of three boards Most likely the power board, then the A board and then one of the other boards, the long thin board on the left-hand side, looking at it from the back. The board that has all the connections is the next most likely bad board which I recently procured on eBay. I’ll be replacing that soon and I’ll get back with the results . Seems to be a common problem with this really popular plasma TV back in 2011, the Panasonic ST 30 series. I remember being so amazed by the picture quality and the 3-D Version of avatar Blu-ray that came with it. The fellow that spent 11 years that I seem to recall it was their primary person involved in Developing that 3-D movie wouldn’t allow the 3-D version to be viewed on any other 3-D TV except the ST 30 series and above. For several years you could not buy the 3-D version commercially, only the 2-D version . I was in sales in the electronics department at the Sears at the time and always thought that was a peculiar deal that’s it could be set up that way.

Best,

Seth

Did you fixed it Seth? I have one with the same 14 blinks.

Hi, I just replaced the A board, but still get 14 blinks. Was wondering if it was the power board that is the problem? Did you ever get this fixed?

AL V. will be eternally grateful.