Recommendations for guides and parts to convert iPod Classic to flash

I'm looking for guides and parts to convert my iPod Classic 7th Gen 160GB to flash memory. I already have a 256GB SDXC card to replace the hard drive with.

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Due to Apple limitations, my understanding is that only a maximum of 128gb can be seen and used no matter the size of the SDXC card in the 6 and 6.5 gen, but if you have a 7th gen you should be able to use all 256gb.

iFlash sells adapters and have guides on how to perform an SD conversion.

https://www.iflash.xyz/

Thanks. And then from there, the only limitation should be (depending on the file sizes of the songs) 50,000 songs, from what I understand.

Use this and this to adapt it. However, like @avanteguarde said, it probably won't accept the full capacity. If you don't want to use your 256 GB card, you can use a msata SSD and adapter. Hope this helps.

Thanks. I have found that in general, most places are saying that 6th gen iPod Classics won't recognize 256GB, but 7th Gens will to a point - and that point is usually somewhere around 50,000 songs, depending on the file size - Does this sound right to you?

Yes, I believe that is the iTunes limit. I have to admit, I don't have that many songs to test that.

That's alot of music... How much storage do you need?

Kristopher Duke will be eternally grateful.