2.4GHz, 2.7GHz, or 2.8GHz quad-core Intel Core i7 processor (Turbo Boost up to 3.8GHz) with 6MB shared L3 cache.

142 Questions View all

What caps lock key internal parts?

Hello there,

I am having some trouble with my caps lock key that make it move from it's place, so please if you can send me what is the internal structure of the button, do we have two metal bar or only one? And how can I know the order of them?

Thanks in advanced

Update (01/11/2017)

Block Image

Block Image

Block Image

Answered! View the answer I have this problem too

Is this a good question?

Score 0
Add a comment

2 Answers

Chosen Solution

This ebay auction sells individual keys (not cheap).


You may want to ask this seller if you can just rip off your existing key and simply put theirs in its place.

Was this answer helpful?

Score 1


Hello, yes I will buy a new key, but I need to know if I had lost any part

So I need to know what the button will look like from inside or at least how many parts there?



There are 2 interlocking white rectangular pieces of plastic that lock together to form a spring mechanism for the actual key. The actual key hooks onto these pieces of plastic.

This page has pictures, and better prices:



Add a comment
Most Helpful Answer

This is my source for info and the needed parts: The BookYard - MacBook Pro Key Caps

Click on the image of your keyboard to gain the details.

Was this answer helpful?

Score 3


Thanks Dan,

But can you please tell me how can I find out which type my keyboard is so I get the correct parts?

As you can see in the url below, you will find an iron bar, I want to know if in the caps lock there is one or two iron bars? How can I know?



You'll need to compare it to the images in the link I gave you. Are you sure the image of the part you posted is the correct type? Does it look the same as your's?

I would need to see a good set of pictures to be able to tell what you have here and what was needed. Can you take snaps of not just the Caps Lock key part top & bottom but the keyboard where the Caps Lock is located (tight and clear) and post them here.

Or, you could contact the BookYard folks for their help as they know better than me on the different parts that make up the keyboard.


This is my type


And kindly check the post it will contain the images.

Thanks Dan, I will also contact the BookYard.


You want the Type J part from the BookYard. You are missing the key cap core piece which is a white plastic piece the wire slides in and the cap and the cap snaps into it interlocks with the base.


Add a comment

Add your answer

zaid will be eternally grateful.
View Statistics:

Past 24 Hours: 0

Past 7 Days: 1

Past 30 Days: 7

All Time: 197