Computer continuously restarts when connected to WiFi.

I can only use my computer when I have the wifi turned off. When it's turned on and I'm connected to a network, the screen goes black for a few seconds and then takes me back to the log in screen. It'll stay on for maybe three seconds top, and then go black again and repeat the process. My computer is very new since I only got it about two weeks ago and this problem first showed up this week. At first it'd just take a few attempts at logging in before it'd work but now it doesn't work at all (unless the wifi is off, of course). All I've tried is restarting it and leaving it off for a day. Any suggestions?

@aexlus , Micah, If it was working, in case you downloaded something causing the this issue, you could run your anti virus and malware checker if nothing turns up try system restore to an earlier date when computer was working OK. If still not resolved return computer to place of purchase, warranty for repair/replacement/refund as it may have hardware issue possibly. Good luck.

I hope this helped you out, if so let me know by pressing the helpful button.

@lpfaff1 I didn't have any restore points so I couldn't do a system restore. Instead I did the next best thing and reset my PC. It's working now so thank you for your help. I'm creating a restore point in case this ever happens again.

I understand that the system will shutdown after an Internet connection is made. Is this after it connects to the network or after an Internet connection is established?

If you put it into a clean boot state, does it still shutdown?

Do you get any messages prior to it shutting down?

Issues like this typically point to an infection if not a driver issue which has already been updated. Have you scanned the system for any malware using a scanner such as Malwarebytes? There are others, but it seems that Malwarebytes is pretty popular.

Micah will be eternally grateful.