Display failure, could it be LCD cable?
Im hoping to gain a little more insight into a problem thats just occurred with my mid 2014 13inch MacBook pro.
The system was not received any impact or spillage that I'm aware of and the issue just started this morning.
- Display is just black!
- The machine boots, backlight appears to come on along with keyboard lights etc and system chimes.
- I tried a bunch of things including reseting NVM and SMC (although on second thoughts i may retry the SMC incase i messed up the sequence..) using the key sequences on boot with no improvement in the display front
- Managed to get into recovery mode and safe mode with an external HDMI screen attached (i am going to try booting into regular mode again once i have run time machine... )
- As best as i can tell the operating system is unaware of any problem with the display.
- Just noticed the MacOS doesn't seem to see any internal sound device - this isn't a priority to me at this time but may be a clue?!
I am thinking that the issue is most likely to be a failure to either the display or LCD cable? Does anyone know of any clever way to further diagnose? I do have some experiance of repairing electronics but i do still rely on this machine so would appreciate opinions on self repair vs official/non-official repair.
Thank you so much for your time!
Is this a good question?