Released June 2012, Model A1278. Intel processor with Turbo Boost, Up to 512 MB DDR5 Video RAM

Remove Intel core I7 processor and add it to MacBook touchID I5 proces

Can I remove the 2.9 Hz Intel Core I7 proccsoor from Mid 2012 macboook pro and add it in replacement with the newly released macbook with touch ID 2.9Hz I5 processor?

Nope. For a start it is soldered, so it would be a nightmare. It is also a different socket, so it would not be compatible.

Thanks @danj that's what I meant :)

The new ones use Skylake architecture too, where as the old ones use Ivy Bridge, if memory serves.

Correct, very different PCH!

Slight correction here the MacBook laptops don't use a socket. The processors are directly soldered to the logic board. I think Reece was implying the pin grid of the logic board is laid out differently which is correct so you couldn't swap out the CPU chips. Beyond that the platform controller hub (PCH) chip is very different.

mallikarjun Muthavarapu will be eternally grateful.