Released in 1983, the Nintendo Family Computer, or Famicom, is the matching predecessor to the Nintendo Entertainment System (NES). Model HVC-001.

Famicom won't turn on

Hi folks, my son bought 2 famicom systems online and neither work. He's really gotten into collecting different systems and he's quite disappointed that he can't figure either of these 2 out. I'm willing to ship and pay for the repair. He just needs 1 to work, but we can ship both systems in case parts need to be swapped. Anybody interested or can someone point us in the right direction?

Thank you

@gamerdad0817 what do or don't they do? what have you checked?

I’m not a Nintendo Technician but an Hardware specialist and Electronic, i have bought this week a Family computer assuming from the seller that it was working, but i have no luck to make it run in my 2 tv set one lcd asus tv and one pc tv stick from china that get every frequency. The seller told to buy a NES psu 9v 1 A center negative but i have some doubt about the psu. IF anyone can help i have found only a little current on the motherbord with my multimeter.

if you haven’t already try setting the television to channel 95/96 it runs on the higher channels for whatever reason.

Pat Correlli will be eternally grateful.