Revamped version of the iPhone 3G with faster processing speeds. Repair of this device is similar to the 3G, and requires simple screwdrivers and prying tools. Model A1303 / 16 or 32 GB capacity / black or white plastic back.

Can you identify THIS part on a 3gs logic board?

I would just like to know if anyone out there on ifixit.com actually knows much about the inner workings of an iPhone. The question I pose: Can you identify the little piece of metal that hangs off the logic board on a 3gs an NOT a 3g? and with some kind of evidence supporting your answer, please.

Here is a LINK to a picture from ifixit i edited with a red arrow pointing specifically at the culprit.

Please let me know if you have an answer :)

Much appreciated

Mike D

i don't have any supporting evidence. it's the antenna prong. same as 3g.connects from motherboard to bezel to give a giant antenna. other parts of antenna are on bottom of dock connector (connector 7)

yeah, i was actually wrong when i said the part isn't found on the 3g but only on the 3gs.. i have recently taken apart both side by side to find both have the prong! thanks pollytintop

Mike D will be eternally grateful.