Light blinking two times, pause, two times, etc.

How can I resolve the two-blink error on this machine without returning it?

I have the same problem – HELP!!

Here is Nespresso's answer. Didn't work for me.

1. Unlock and open the top of the machine and eject the capsule, if necessary

2. Unplug the machine.

3. Close and lock the top of the machine and plug in.

4. Use either a stopwatch or an app that allows you to set a timer for 35 seconds.

5. Tap the button to turn the machine on.

6. As soon as the light comes on, press and hold the button from the side.

7. Hold the button until the light becomes steady. Once steady, immediately lift the finger.

8. Activate your timer you set for the 35 seconds.

9. When the time is up immediately press the button 5 times as quickly as possible.

10. The light should then blink slowly. After 15 seconds, the light should go steady if error is cleared properly.

Worked great for me, but had to do it twice: it is tricky to get right.

Worked for me

Note: the 35 seconds is very important you have to hit it nearly exactly.

worked for me

Most Helpful Answer

Make sure the tanks has water then remove and reseat water tank. Remove power plug. Press and hold button for 10 seconds. After 5 minutes plug machine back in.

This worked for me thanks!

Ok so turns out a possible issue is that there is an air pocket in the water line. You can try to get a turkey baster and pump the water feed intake ( the nipple on which the water container sits on). Keep the water container off and try and run the machine over and over again while tilting the entire machine forward about 30 degrees. It worked for me. Good luck

This might work for people that have tried the 35 second fix but the problem seems to return. Did you ever reuse a pod to get more volume like you can with a Keurig? This spins coffee grounds and covers the bar code reader in the Vertuo and you get the 2 blink error. You must clean the reader area.

1) Open the Vertuoline and you'll see a center ring the pod would fit on - you can press this down and it should pop back up. You need to clean the gap between this center ring and the area just to the outside. I used a paper towel folded and dipped in bleach, a Q-tip in bleach will work as well. You will have to repeat this until you see no residue or grounds.

2) Take a used pod and cut the top out with a knife or scissors. Remove all coffee grounds inside until it is absolutely clean.

3)Run this empty pod just as you normally make coffee. If you get a cup of water the your machine is working properly

Michael Shohoney will be eternally grateful.