Repair guides and support for electric and stove-top kettles.

My stove top tea kettle doesn't whistle

I have a Pafltzgraff Monaco stovetop tea kettle. It no longer whistles. Is there any way to fix it? I'd buy a new one if I could find that pattern.

New Battery = Faster iPhone
Fix Kits starting at $16.99

My first question would, does it fully heat up and boil? Steam vapor blowing out causes the whistle. Has the top been damaged or lost any parts?

It does boil. Is it possible the pop top isn't sealed enough around the sides? Would that affect the whistle? Maybe the steam isn't being forced through the whistle hole. What can I use so the steam can't escape around the sides? I'm just guessing that could solve the problem!

You could try running something like a pipe cleaner through the vent holes to see if they have clogged. If steam is coming out of the sides of the top, that sounds like the whistle vent is clogged up.

I soaked the top of my teapot in 50:50 hot water and vinegar to remove hard water deposits. When that wasn't enough, I removed the screw inside the lid that held the "whistler". This was aluminum and still was a little roughness on the underside from deposits. I scrubbed it with non abrasive dish scrubber and the hot water and vinegar. I paid special attention to the edge where the cut outs were to make it whistle. When I replaced the aluminum piece, I lined up the cut outs with the holes on the top. I found I had to tighten the screw to slightly less than tight There needed to be a little room for the piece to vibrate. It worked fine after that.

Florence Stratas will be eternally grateful.