Announced in March 2015, and released April 10, 2015, the Galaxy S6 is the next flagship in the Galaxy line. The curved screen version is known as the Galaxy S6 Edge.

How do I recover a galaxy s6 from water damage?

I left my galaxy s6 in my bag with a water bottle and the charger. i opened it a few minutes later to see that the water bottle openned up and wet my phone and charger. i dried the charger then removed the phonecase and dried it. i soaked it in rice and didnt try to turn it on. i checked the charger on another phone and it worked( which gives some hope that phone isnt damaged) . but since the phone is galaxy s6 i couldnt remove the back so i couldnt really dry the battery. is soaking it in rice enough? I heard about some alcohol that helps with water damage but Im not sure how good it is. I really need this phone and cant afford a new one. thanks for the help

As you know liquids and electronics and electricity are not a good mix.

The liquid causes corrosion and provides circuit paths for the electricity which were not in the phone's operating design and could damage the components. The corrosion process starts immediately and continues until it has been cleaned properly

Rice is good to eat but does nothing to fix the problems caused by corrosion.

Don't Put Your Device in Rice. Here's Why

First do not turn on your phone and then you need to remove the battery as soon as possible from the phone to minimize further damage.''

Then you need to dis-assemble the rest of the phone and clean all the affected parts using Isopropyl Alcohol 90%+ to remove all traces of corrosion and water. Do not use "rubbing alcohol" as in some cases this is only 70% and is not as effective. If you do check the label to verify the amount

Here is a link that in general, describes the process.

Electronics Water Damage

As always with electronics, especially surface mounted PCBs be gentle when handling and especially when brushing away the corrosion. You do not want to remove any components from the board.

Hopefully after you have done all this the phone might possibly work correctly again.

Here is a link to the ifixit's guide on how to repair your phone. It is useful as it shows how to dis-assemble your phone so that it can be cleaned properly.

Samsung Galaxy S6 Repair

If this process seems too daunting, take your phone to a reputable, professional mobile phone repair service and ask for a quote for a repair.

If you decide to do this, do it sooner than later.

My galaxy s6 tablet has water damage should I put it in water?

yes, submerge it in water.

Rebecca Woldanski - lol !

My galaxy s6 tablet has water damage should I put it in bag of uncooked rice?

Hi @ndnfjdnjnjdj ,

Please read the answer in the Chosen solution above, especially the link on "Don't put your device in rice, here's why...."

I suggest that you follow the recommendations in the Chosen Solution answer above.

Hi I dropped my phone down the toilet which at the time I was in a train station so didn’t have rice at the time to put it into straight away. I tried to dry it as much as I could with the dryer in the bathroom and it is now in uncooked rice for 24 hours.i have tried to turn the Samsung s6 on and it will not turn on. I am away from home at the moment so have not managed to remove my SIM card. What shall I do as I have just paid £180 recently to fix the lcd and do not want to spend more money fixing it.

Hi @libbylobster10 ,

Read the "Chosen Solution" (first answer on page) as to what to do.

Rice does nothing to fix the problem, read the link in the same answer to find out why.

bmba shush will be eternally grateful.