Refurbished iPhone 6 LCD Static Damage

Hello, I was wondering if anyone could help with this. I've been refurbishing iPhone screens for about 5 months now and have stared having a new issue. 3 of my recent iPhone 6 LCD's that I refurbished glitch out when you press in either the top left or top right corner of the screen, where the silver paste is supposed to be. I checked the LCD's before applying the new glass, and the old paste seems to be in tact, and this was never a problem before. Does anyone know why this is happening?

Well it turns out that the screen only glitches when it has either the front facing camera and/or shield plate attached to it, and is pressed into the phone. As long as it is up like when your just testing it, it has no problems. If these components are not on the screen then no glitching occurs, even when pressed in, and it works perfectly fine. I'm so lost..

Glitch out how? Any videos? :)

I know what type of LCD display glitching he is talking about.

It's like when you don't have the LCD cable plugged in properly on an iPad 2 or 3 LCD screen.

My guess is that the glue for between the glass and LCD is too thick in a way maybe? Or not enough rigidity that it allows the top part of the LCD where the cable starts to bend or flex causing a bad connection.

Most Helpful Answer

Sounds like a small crack along the top of the LCD/digitizer (if this happens with refurbishing, it will work, but act funny when pushed). There only needs to be a small, barely visible fracture to cause this to happen. Maybe try reapplying some of the silver paste, if you are sure it is not damaged?

Doesn't sound like a static issue during refurbishing, if it was, the whole screen fades out unless the glass is rubbed, or the picture goes a greenish colour.

This was happening to some of my lcd's so thanks for the help, it stopped me from breaking more using faulty machinery.

Glad I could help :)

Hello!

I run a business that recently started practicing the lcd refurbish for mobile phones and have exactly the same problem that you describe Marcus on almost all my iphone 6 refurbished screens.

The screen after the refurbishment process works perfectly when testing it only with flex cables connected on the phone, but when i install it to it i am getting those glitches, screen fading, get black (normally as screen closes) but never awake when i press home or power button. If i disassemble the screen from the phone works again perfectly.

I notice you that the problem occurs when all parts are installed on the refurbished screen (protective shield, earphone etc)

Have you understood what was causing the problem ? It was faulty machinery, thickness or rigidity of the OCA glue ?

Thanks in advance

Hello, email me at nicholas.cupello@gmail.com, I am Marcus's brother and I do all the refurbishing.

Marcus will be eternally grateful.