Finding out which parts are damaged on a logic board

I asked something in here yesterday already and got some really helpful answers so I hope this will repeat lol

My question is: If I bought a damaged logic board on eBay for practicing purposes and the seller says he doesn't know which part of the board is damaged - is there a way to find out which parts of it are working and which ones are damaged? Maybe by connecting the logic board to a power supply and then measuring the voltage of each part?

Thanks in advance.

@vorsichtkarsten you would have to know what function does not work on your board. Then get the schematic,hook up your board and measure the components. You'll need a boardview as well so you can identify the components of the circuitry. Yes, you can hook up power to the individual rails of the circuitry and measure those components as well. With a totally dead board you always want to start with the power circuitry.

alright thanks!

Yannic will be eternally grateful.