The Apple iPhone 5c was announced on September 10, 2013. Repair of this device is similar to the previous models, and requires screwdrivers and prying tools. Available as GSM or CDMA / 8, 16, 32 GB / White, Pink, Yellow, Blue, and Green.

iPhone not working after ice cream damage

Around 2 days ago my niece left a scoop of ice cream on top of my phone, which then melted, proceeding into all of the holes, primarily the sim card compartment. I put it in rice ever since then but recently I tried to turn it on but it will only show a loop of the apple logo for about 3.5 seconds and then go blank for about 2 seconds. It has a funky smell coming from the sim card compartment and when I stab my nail into the casing, it's all sticky. What's wrong with it and is there anything I can do about it?

You can take the phone apart, and clean it with 90% isopropyl alcohol. Then put it into dfu mode, and restore to a backup

This guide should get you in enough to clean everything. You may have to remove a few other connectors

iPhone 5c Display Assembly Replacement

Open iTunes and connect the iPhone to your Mac. Press and hold the Home button and the Sleep/Wake button at the same time. After exactly 10 seconds release the Sleep/Wake button. Continue holding the home button until you iTunes pops up a message telling you that it has detected an iPhone in recovery mode

If you don't want to/don't feel comfortable. You can find a local repairshop, that can do these things for you

Molly Bradbury will be eternally grateful.