Underneath the lens, what is the plastic part that covers the LCD?

I've been refurbishing some old GameBoy Advance SPs that have come into my workshop. After replacing the lens, which was very scratched, I noticed that I'd scratched the front part of the screen. This part of the screen comes off, but I can't find a replacement part for it online. It is needed for the frontlit screen to work properly.

Anybody got any idea what the part name would be?

Answered! View the answer I have this problem too

Is this a good question?

Score 0
Add a comment

1 Answer

Chosen Solution

Right, there doesn't seem to be a specific name for this part as far as I can tell, it sits between the external lens (with the GameBoy Advance SP) name and the polarising lens of the screen. From what I can tell it's simply a layer to prevent reflection, as such I'm going to source some non reflective plastic (cut to size) which will hopefully do the job.

Was this answer helpful?

Score 0
Add a comment

Add your answer

Matt will be eternally grateful.
View Statistics:

Past 24 Hours: 0

Past 7 Days: 0

Past 30 Days: 2

All Time: 21