A jack-in-the-box is a children's toy that outwardly consists of a box with a crank. When the crank is turned, it plays a melody, often "Pop Goes the Weasel". At the end of the tune there is a "surprise", the lid pops open and a figure, usually a clown or jester, pops out of the box.

Cranks but no music or popup

Our Fisher Price Jack in the Box-- the crank turns but no music and it doesn't pop up letting Jack out of the box. can that be fixed? If so how?

Thank you

Thanks for the response Mayer, however when i clicked the link to the video it came back as This video does not exist. if you have another link i'd appreciate it although would agree with you on the belt breaking down as this was my kids and i was hoping to give it to our Grandson.

again many thanks for the response

Info on this toy is slight. At about 7:40 on this video it shows a rubber belt. In my mind this would probably harden and crumble over age, but the video may give you some clues.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sbbDUEMR...

David Gaul will be eternally grateful.