Why is my phone screen black and the phone is not working.

I was able to hear the phone ring and msgs were sent. However, I do not hear anything at all and the screen is black. I need HELP!

Sounds like you need a whole new display assembly

iPhone 6s Front Panel Replacement

iPhone 6s LCD Screen and Digitizer Full Assembly - Choice

If you're going to do the repair yourself. Make sure to purge the phone, hold down the power button, after you've disconnected the display and the battery, for four seconds. If you're not going to to the repair, either take it to a qualified repair shop, or just to Apple. A poor repair shop will cause you more problems

iPhone 6s LCD Screen and Digitizer Full Assembly - Choice Image

The fist thing id do is follow the guide posted by iMedic posted above (or below) but check the screen assembly ribbons are all connected properly and are clean and secure, this could just be a loose or dirty connection, but iMedic is right is does sound like you'll need a new screen.

Maritza Phillips will be eternally grateful.