Huawei's 2016 flagship smartphone. Features a unibody case and dual rear-camera setup developed in partnership with Leica. Comes in 32/64 GB storage options and six different finishes. Model numbers EVA-L29, EVA-L19, and EVA-L09.

Incoming calls display as unknown, what setting must I change to see..

Incoming calls display as unknown. What setting do I change so I can see who's phoning...

Hi, Are these calls from people you know? Are these people listed in your phone's Contacts app? If the caller is listed with their number in your phone's Contacts (or similarly named app) then when they call it should display their name on an i/c call. If they are not listed it should display the number of the caller. Not sure if the above is applicable to you though as it may vary as to where you are i.e. different countries and different phone service providers have different ways of doing things. Not certain if where you are that calling number display for mobile phones is a subscription service or not. Where I am (Aust) CND is standard on mobile services but subscription on landline services. Therefore if you have a CND capable landline phone unless you pay the subscription to the service provider you will always get unknown being displayed on an i/c call, but it shows the number on an i/c call on a mobile phone.

Contacts and number are on the phones contacts app, it was displaying the callers name and number but I think I accidentaly changed a setting somewhere and now all the calls come in as unknown. Would it help if I restore it to the factory setting...? But if I do that i'm gonna loose some info and apps...?

Mac RAM Kits
Speed up your Mac. Max out its memory.
Mac RAM Kits
Get more memory out of your Mac.

If all your i/c calls are showing as unknown, contact your service provider and ask if there is a problem with your account (service?) as it may not be a problem in your phone.

If they say that there is no problem at their end and you have to do a reset do the following before you perform the reset.

Backup your phone using the phone's backup feature.

Fully charge the battery in the phone.

Reset using the phone's factory restore feature.

Once reset, check that you receive the number OK on an i/c call.

If so, restore the phone using the phone's restore feature.

Once restored, check to see if the i/c call number display is still working OK.

Dear services provider

I check with network they are asking there no problem with system acutely I have problem my caller I’d i am trying to off but it’s not going to aff from setting

HI,

Just verifying that you wish to turn OFF o/g Caller ID on a Huawei P9.

Check setting at:

Open Phone app

then tap Menu icon > Settings > Additional Settings > Caller ID > Hide Number - return to Home Screen.

Be aware that the number is only hidden on Voice calls not on SMS/MMS

You didn't describe your problem clearly and completely but I understood your problem. I had the same issue and was able to resolve it. If you also want to resolve it then go to the setting/application manager. Search for the phone on this list and click on it. After clicking select the clear data button.

If your problem is not resolved by these steps then I would suggest you to go through the reverse phone lookup services. With the help of this services, you can easily get all the details of the unknown caller. If you want to know more about this then just take a look at Asia missed call. Here you will know more steps to resolve this issue.

William will be eternally grateful.