Apple's line of MacBook Pro laptops was intended for the professional and power users. The MacBook Pro line includes the MacBook Pro 13" Unibody, MacBook Pro 15", MacBook Pro 15" Unibody, MacBook Pro 17", and the MacBook Pro 17" Unibody.

I made a bootable Sierra USB but it can't detect it as a startup disk!

I created a bootable macOS Sierra to USB drive 16GB with Terminal method :

" sudo /Applications/Install\ macOS\ Sierra.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia --volume /Volumes/sierra --applicationpath /Applications/Install\ macOS\ Sierra.app --nointeraction "

This method not detected as a startup disk if I try to chose it.

I know I can booted it from ALT (Option) at startup but I have problem on my MacBook I can't do it...

The only method I can be reset my OS is from Startup Disk.

Disk Maker work great it Detected on Startup Disk but is to slow for copy if have a another solution from Terminal or another apps to do bootable please

I'm having the same issue…

I think you forgot to reformat the thumb drive. Unless you reformat its set for FAT32 or exFAT which won't work for MacOS (OS-X).

From a working Mac open Disk Utility and reformat the thumb drive to GUID partition map and create a Mac OS Extended (Journaled) partition, that should fix the thumb drive. Now either launch the OS installer or use the command line arguments to create a bootable drive and setup the OS installer.

When you startup your Mac with the thumb drive you may need to boot up under ask manager (Option key) so you can select the thumb drive as your boot drive.

Thank you very much

I followed your directions to reformat to GUID and followed the directions in the link for creating the boot drive through Terminal but it's taking an incredibly long time to get a 'copy complete' notice. It's been about 20 minutes so far and still nothing has changed. after "copying installer files to disk" there is nothing. The installer shows up on the drive. How long does it take to install and what should my next steps be?

I think you'll need to find a friend with a Mac and see if you can create it on their system. From the sounds of it you likely have a deeper problem within your system. Can you please tell us your exact system. Go here: EveryMac - Lookup Plug your systems S/N in and then paste the systems URL here so we can see what you have.

Hi

It tried the methods. but won't work. The bootable disk is visible, selected it and after sometime, white screen appears. not booting at all.

Note that some old macbooks do not support booting over USB and require installation media via internal optical driver.

Vijay sounds like you've got a deeper problem here. If you can't boot up under a supported version of OS-X or MacOS your system is able to use you can encounter this issue as well.

For me, the bootable disk is not visible, and the option key takes me right into my usual login. Command-R also takes me to usual login.

@jamesrome - Sorry for not catching your comment sooner. If your boot drive is not properly formatted and has a bootable OS-X or MacOS installed you won't see it listed. It's also possible the means of connection is not working as well (bad USB port).

Ayoub will be eternally grateful.