This is the sort of thing you need to buy ( obviously match it to your own phone model) it is a replacement for the screen and the LCD (as most of you refer to it) ( the thing that displays the image and senses touch.
before i start describing what can be done let me give you some context on my phone.
It is one of those phones that cannot be opened from the back and where you cannot remove the battery and where the sim card is inserted through the side.
One day i dropped the phone, it hit the concrete on its back at first it was fine. After a while the screen slowly started turning black from the bottom, as time went on more and more of the screen started turning black. It kinda looked like my phone was bleeding internally. anyway everything worked except the display. the phone was fully responsive all physical and touch buttons worked and the phones sound system still worked . Once the black screen of death took over 3/4 of my screen, the phone was still fully responsive, but using it became more of a guessing game, trying to remember where all the icons were. the next day the screen was totally black but still responsive.
this one is for the phone that i have a Samsung J530. you can replace it at home. before you buy anything check the phone model. if you are unsure of your phone model and can’t find which one it is exactly and just refer to it as by the generic term that it was advertised as, like mine was called Samsung J5 but if you click the link there is 3 different types with different arrangement of electronics, you can do the following to know exactly what you need.
I attached photos to help visualise what i’m going on about but just remember that i already cut off the broken LCD from the electronics and threw it in the trash before writing this
- take off your glass screen. it will be glued on so it will take some force. try to pry it up from one of the broken corners (those are where usually cracks happen)
- pry up the LCD. this is also glued and unlike the screen it is glued not just around the edges so to take it off you will have to break it (a lot) there will be shards jumping around so i advise you wear eye protection.
- you will see the electronics attached to a connection point or you might see it hide behind a tab like in mine. detach it. the inly thing you need to detach are the electronics that are connected to your LCD, leave everything else as it is.
- now search for an touch screen digitizer for your phone model and with the correct electronic component within those models. try to match up the electronics strip to the one that you have ( photo added of mine for referance ( sorry if it’s a bit small ))
- i purchased mine from aliexpress. i know that sometims it says that it doesn’t deliver to you country like it did for me, in which case still search on aliexpress just from a different seller. should hopefully work. i got my LCD for just under £14 ( including shipping)
- when your LCD arrives connect the strip to the connection port, you should feel sort of a click and it should hold sturdy. gently glue the LCD to place and then gently glue the screen back on.