Fifth generation of iPhone. Repair of this device is straightforward, and requires screwdrivers, prying tools, and patience. GSM/CDMA / 16, 32, or 64 GB / Black or White.

knocked off 4 components close to the battery connector

i was soldering my battery connector on when i mistakely knocked off 4 resistors/capacitors(not sure). please tell me if i could jumper all or join any together as im using a solder with sharp tip, not a micro solder. Also, i cant find these parts which i broke. please help its my only phone

its my only hope of using a phone please help

@nealkaul1 if you need help identifying the components then you will need to post some good images with your question. We cannot help you unless we see what you see. Use this guide Adding images to an existing question to post images.

There are 6 components next to the battery connector. There is a group of 2 and a group of 4. The group of two are capacitors. They don't absolutely need to be there as they are there to filter the PP_BATT_VCC line. It is always better to have them replaced though. They were designed in for a reason.

In the group of 4, the two middle ones are 0 Ohm resistors. You could try to short these. The other two are capacitors. They don't need to be there and the same logic as above applies to them. These are 01005 (essentially 0.5mil X 1mil) SMD chips. Soldering these chips, or shorting the pads, requires very fine point, temperature controlled soldering iron.

This is not a difficult repair with the proper tools and experience but I am concerned about someone taking a non-temperature controlled soldering iron to an iPhone logic board. Be very careful otherwise you will damage your board more than anything else.

neal kaul will be eternally grateful.