1

Parker
549

Temperature Warning Sensor Problems with iPhone.

Recently I have come across an iphone 4 that had light water damage from a splash on a boat ride. My friend immediately tried turning the iPhone 4 off and it kept turning it self back on. After a few minutes (still cool to the touch) the iPhone 4 Temperature Warning Sensor appeared on the screen locking my friend out of his iPhone 4. He brought it in to me and we opened the iPhone to check for damage or extra moisture, I found a little corrosion on the top left corner of his mother board but no signs of moisture or heat damage. The iPhone still worked but was locked out due to the Temperature Warning Sensor being activated for some reason, even though the iPhone was at room temperature.

I am sure we could maybe just reset the iPhone OS and it may be fixed but we are looking to recover pictures from his trip.

Where is the temperature sensor located or is this just software written in the OS when the processor is being over clocked and or heating up? Just looking for anyones input or clarification on this issue.

Edited by: oldturkey03 ( ) , David Hodson ( )

Did you have any luck? i am having the same problem? Thanks

GlennM,

if the iphone 4 is similar to iphone 3g etc, then the temperature sensor may be located on the battery terminal, cleaning and drying this may help.. or replacing.

pollytintop,

2

Majesty

Parker. I would start by taking the phone completely apart and letting it sit for at least 8 full hours, but make sure the phone is disconnected from any power source. Disconnect the battery from the Logic Board. While you are there completely clean the phone with Alcohol, especially where you noticed the water damage. Once you do that, and the phone has been disconnected from power for a few hours, try assembling the phone again and keep your fingers crossed. Good Luck!

What kind of alcohol should be used? Rubbing alcohol, finger nail polish remover...? Just curious in case I should run into this myself

Adam Hintz,

NEVER NEVER NEVER use finger nail polish remover, unless you do not like your device. Use isopropyl alcohol in the greatest concentration over 90% if you can get it. Check with your local pharmacist. Some people also use STERILE water, but not my favorite.

0

Max
1

If you freeze the battery it will ruin it.

0

Andre
1

Hello, have anyone this Problem fixed? Where´s the Temperature Sensor on iPhone 4 Logicboard?

I have change the Battery and a new Display. I change the Camera. I have no idea, what can ido now.

0

RwandaKigali
1

You needed just to undo parts and place everything in a large bowl of rice, buddy!!

Rice doesn't really do anything. When people say that their phone worked after they put it into rice, it is because the water naturally evaporated and left the device. The best thing to do to remove water is to place the parts (minus battery preferably) into a dehydrator at no higher than 155*F or put into the oven on a WARM setting or also no greater than 155*F. DO NOT PLACE IN MICROWAVE, this will completely RUIN your device. Placing in oven or dehydrator at or around this temperature allows the water to evaporate quicker and gives it less time to rust parts and corrode. It is still suggested to clean the motherboard with the isopropyl alcohol at the highest percentage to clear any corrosion that was caused.

Cory Goetzinger,

-1

daniel wingate
1

if nothing works then try to freeze it. no i'm serious. this might help diagnose whether or not there is still moisture in it.

water expands when frozen.. if there is any moisture left in the phone it could expand and break something else. This isn't good advice.

pollytintop,