I asked a girl out on messenger and I haven’t yet had a response.

Okay so me and this girl have been friends for about a year now, and we get on really well. There’s always seemed to be a mutual feeling of admiration, respect, fondness and a slight shy/cutesy potential feeling of ‘what if we were together’. I have liked her for quite a while and at a gig last month, we did go into that territory of discussing what if and discussing our feelings although not in the greatest depth, plus her whole family were there that night so it wasn't really the time to make a move. But I've had enough of waiting and decided to ask her out. I sent that message on the Sunday and now it's Friday, she's seen the message but hasn't yet responded. I have pretty much gotten to grips that it's a no by now, but I just want to know why you think she is avoiding replying to me, I'd prefer if she told me whatever the answer. With Christmas coming up, I was going to send her a wishful message and I had actually bought her a present too but am unsure whether to give it to her or not now. So I'm mainly looking for advice and opinions from you all if I could. I shouldn't have to spend an eternity waiting should I? I deserve a response don't I? I just want honesty and the thing is, me and her haven't had any bad blood at all in the past, we've always got a long really well it's just this particular situation which has confused me slightly.

Could be that she expects a verbal invitation for a first date. She doesn't think of you in that way. She may be a lesbian. She didn't understand. Texting is a very limited form of communication. Buying presents for girls that you haven't even gone out with is moving to fast.

She may not be dating yet, she may only be 10 years old.

Hi @jamesjosh72, Have you proved that your Messenger program is working correctly, both for sending and receiving messages?

Haha thank you for your answers, no she isn't 10 and yes it's working correctly and I could see she had seen it. The situation has developed since and I thank you all for your advise, I realize I was too infatuated and moving a little too fast.

I too, had problems in my youth approaching very attractive women. I had no problem with the less attractive ones. And it was all in my head. My behavior changed and I lost my self confidence, The trick is to just be yourself and don't let the beauty change you. If you have to, think of her with a humongous pimple right in the middle of her forehead. It will be your honesty and sincerity that will attract women not the persona that you put on. Just be you. If you are having a hard time, tell her. Say something like "I'm so enamored with you you that I'm having a hard time just talking to you", See will see this as endearing and come to your aid ;-) (if she's the right kind of girl). If she doesn't, she's not worth your time.

jamesjosh72 will be eternally grateful.