U2 replaced , battery drain cured but now no charge .

Hi , i changed the u2 on my 5 s which solved the battery drain but now its not charging .

It was charging before i changed the u2 .

Did i do something wrong ?

check Q2 5v charging voltage. (U2) the TriStar is not a charging IC it switches power between ppvcc main and ppvcc batt

100% your issue

Thank you , i scraped the under fill off the Q2 chip and it seemed to be cracked in half ! , replaced it and all working again ..

Your welcome

If your phone is not charging, then U2 is probably not installed correctly. Perhaps some of the balls are shorted along the E75 lines which communicate with the Lightning cable.

Hi , I will try again with another chip .

Hi , I have put another chip on but still have the same symptoms , and no i tunes connection .

could you pls give me a guide to change that u2.

I have the same problem with my battery. I have a iPhone 6. But i do not find any instrcution.

thx a lot.

The original question from Mark has been answered and problem looks resolved. Your issue on an iPhone 6 may be similar or totally different. I would suggest beginning your own independent question listing your device and symptoms to begin a new line of answers directed towards your issue(s). I'll keep an eye out for it and try to help you :)

markparnell1972 will be eternally grateful.