Memory upgrade works partially
On my MacBook pro 13 early 2011, I upgraded RAM to two 8GB modules as it was adviced will work. However, my machine only recognizes 4GB out of each module hence 8GB total.
Any idea how to make it use whole 16GB available?
BTW, It works fine with new memeories
Dear folks, Under 'About This Mac' it shows both slots are in use but each one 4 GB instead if 8 GB each.
- Model Name: MacBook Pro
- Model Identifier: MacBookPro8,1
- Processor Name: Intel Core i5
- Processor Speed: 2.3 GHz
- Number of Processors: 1
- Total Number of Cores: 2
- L2 Cache (per Core): 256 KB
- L3 Cache: 3 MB
- Memory: 8 GB
- Boot ROM Version: MBP81.0047.B2D
- SMC Version (system): 1.68f99
Is this a good question?