Released on September 19, 2014, this 5.5" screen iPhone is the larger version of the iPhone 6.

Why does my screen appear to have ghost touches & unresonsiveness?

I have an iPhone 6 Plus (yea the one known to have touch disease). This is a refurbished model as well. I am having debates over what is wrong with it. Mine for quite sometime has had issues with unresponsiveness to touch and as of late started experiencing ghost touches. I do not have the gray bar issue and the phone is in excellent condition i.e. Never been dropped or bent. My delema is, are these symptoms of touch disease or do I just need a new digitizer? I'd hate to buy and replace the digitizer just to find out the same problem exists.

Just wanted to say thank you... I replaced the digitizer/LCD myself and the problem is solved. Thanks so much!

I would say its a cheap screen problem or the connectors are not sat correctly. I would try reconnecting the connectors 1st. Like you mention the touch disease has a grey bar at the top. Since you purchased as a refurbished phone, it could have all sorts wrong with it eg previous water damage, bend damage etc.

I would take it back to where you purchased it if under warranty, failing that reconnect the lcd connectors and have a good look at the circuit board for previous damage, then either take it to a repair shop and do a deal with them, no fix no fee or just buy a new screen and do yourself if your upto the job.

Thanks for your response.

The phone is a refirb replacement through AT&T insurance in summer 2015. I noticed the unresponsiveness to touch about 2/3 months after recieving the device. I went to have it exchanged again, I was told I'd have to pay a $200 deductible again so I just lived with it. I trust they did a thourough check of the device but may have used a non OEM replacement screen - basing that on the assumption that cracked screen replacement is the most common reason for using the insurance thus probably what was fixed prior to me getting it. Anyway I have check the connectors and did a good look over the board and all looks good. I feel confident with making the repair of swapping out the screen. Just only concerned that I swap it and still have the issue... guess I am not much of a gambling man. Lol

Does touch disease "always" have the grey bar?

Every touch didease I have seen has a grey bar, if your not a gambling man take to a reputabe repair shop on a no fix no fee.

Joey Merrell will be eternally grateful.