Guides and support for various TV brands and styles.

Why don't I get sound when I play DVD

Nice picture, volume set at 100% can barely be heard. Checked Dvd on other players & ok. 2nd new set from Wal-mart is the same as the previous set.

device: 32 inch Proscan TV..DVD Combo

I assume that the volume when in TV mode is OK, is this correct?

Have you tried a different DVD disc, to prove that it is not a disc compatibility problem? (I realize that you said that the DVD works in another player)

Have you tried pressing the 'audio' button (in the DVD section) on the remote control to see if altering the setting resolves your problem? You may have to press it more than once, (basically like scrolling through options) to see if there is one settings that works.

Have you checked the Audio 'Mode' setting to see if changing this improves the DVD audio?

I TRIED ALL OF YOUR SUGGESTIONS & NOTHING CHANGED. Sorry, I didn't realize my caps lock was on. Since this is my second new set in the past month from Wal-mart, I guess I have to accept the fact that unless I can add something to boot the volume up, it's hopeless. Thank you for your help.

Hi @peytonb ,

I suggest that since this is your 2nd experience with this problem in this model, that you contact Proscan and inform them of your DVD sound problems (x2) with the TV/DVD.

As unlikely as it sounds, they may be unaware of it if Walmart is not informing them of the returns of their products until sometime in the future. It may be that something as simple as a firmware update will resolve the issue. Hopefully if it is, they may even be able to email it to you, for you to install. I have looked on their website and they do have firmware updates for various TV/DVD combos but unfortunately not for the 32"model. I am not saying that the firmware updates available will fix the DVD sound problem, just saying that Proscan does have the ability to update their TVs. Also it is no good installing the wrong firmware as it will render the TV inoperable.

Here are their contact details.

http://www.proscanvideo.com/product-supp...

Helen Bullard will be eternally grateful.