Eighth generation of the Mazda Protege.

Heater only blowing out front vents, no heat to feet or defrost. Why?

Heater working but only blows out front vents. No heat to feet or defrost. Before replacing Heater Control Unit, it would only blow hot air from front vents- With this replacement it will now change from cold to hot and the air flow pressure does change from the front vents when changing the setting dial but there is still no air at all to feet and defrost. Can anyone tell me if there is a louver or valve that could be jammed and where to locate it? Or what else to try? Thanks!

Desperately Seeking Defrost :)

Thanks for information. Looking for repair guide but would appreciate any info on where to find actuator or regulator. Cheers!

@nothotwheels , Most likely a AC/ Heat, blend door actuator problem. Actuator could be stuck, faulty, linkage off, etc. Could not find a link for the 1998-2003 protege but will post a link to show and tell in general where and what to look for. You may also find a reasonably priced repair manual online or at the local library to borrow. Good luck.

I hope this helped you out, if so let me know by pressing the helpful button.

https://www.2carpros.com/articles/replac...

@lpfaff1 I know you like to ask for up votes but take a look at how that is working out for you and where your votes are actually coming from.

@mayer , I have noticed and appreciate and I also return as you suggest, what is also nice when poster's do post back accepting the answer and leaving a comment of their gratitude, it makes it feel worth while. I am still learning things about this site and with guidance from you and others things should be good. Mayer , have also noticed you have not been answering as much as you were before, busy at the office I suppose. If I am missing something here let me know! Have a good evening.

it must be the cable thats hooked up in to that regulator that changes the direction of air

N Wiegand will be eternally grateful.