Mid 2010 Model A1278 / 2.4 or 2.66 GHz Core 2 Duo processor

battery won't charge up, no green lights

When the charger is plugged in, the battery symbol on the upper left shows a blacked out battery with the "energy bolt" as it is getting power from the cord. However, it won't charge it any further. So, if the computer is used without the cord, thus, using battery, that's it... ! I've replaced the charger and that didn't work. I also replaced the battery, that also did not work. I then replaced the charge port and still, no luck :( What is my next step? This computer was too expensive in my opinion to give up and I'd rather not have to get a new computer or take it to a shop. I can take pictures if desired. If anyone believes they have the solution and can give me a list of what I need and how to do it I'd be much appreciative. Thanks.

I've done all of this with no result. The charging port is also brand new. I reset the SMC numerous times thinking I just wasn't doing it right. It just is not working.

Yeah, I did that... Everything is normal save for chargin with 0 watts. I can't screenshot it because I let my computer go to 0 percent thinking maybe letting the battery do a full cycle would help. But no :(. I really don't want to take it in and I've heard changing the chip on the logic board? I'm pretty sure that involves soldering. I'll do it if I see a step by step for it. Otherwise I don't feel advanced enough to do that myself. Getting someone else to would probably cost more than getting a new logic board and putting it in myself... As I've heard just having someone change the port is around $400!

So, I downloaded coconut battery and realized something. The new batter that I bought was manufactured 1979-11-30.... it's 37 years old!! I didn't know that was even possible? I mean, I have a mid 2010 macbook pro.... I would just assume the A1332 batteries would be made respectively around that decade at least lol I don't know for sure but I am assuming li-ion polymer batteries self-discharge over time, lose their shelf life etc... So, I'm ordering a new battery AGAIN and hopefully this solves the problem... Oh, I also go my computer to run by taking the battery out... unplugging it, holding the power button...plugging it back in (without the battery WHILE still holding the power button) releasing the power button and pressing the power again and it turned on. Wow, amazing!

Cheap knock-off ;-{

I faced a similar іѕѕuе, my Macbook battery stopped charging

I tried I tried everything even SMC resetting didn’t help.

Finally I managed tо fix this problem after getting help from Apple Mac Support

Follow the steps here: http://bit.ly/BatteryWontcharge

It should solve the issue

Hope this help you too

Try performing an SMC reset and see if that helps. Steps on how to perform it:

1. Make sure the MacBook is shut down.

2. Plug in the MagSafe or USB-C power adapter to a power source and to your Mac.

3. Using the built-in keyboard, press Shift-Control-Option on the left side of the keyboard, then press the power button at the same time. Hold these keys and the power button for 10 seconds.

4. Release all keys, then press the power button again to turn on your Mac.

For more information about resetting the SMC visit this page:

https://support.apple.com/en-au/HT201295

Lets give this gem of an app a try to see what your SMC services see: coconut Battery.

Once you install it open the main screen and take a snapshot so we can see what you see as well. Paste it into a fresh answer.

This literally works for me! http://www.hightechdad.com/2013/12/17/ma...

Absolutely brilliant, I alway had to reset my SMC after I had switched off my Mac for any length of time, now I just warm up the box part of the charger, and hey presto the power comes on again. That’s great thank you.

In my case my macbook would not charge too and the light wouldn't come on. When I connect my charger my battery percentage basically stays at the same percentage. I read somewhere that the problem may be that the charger gets too cold for it to work. That made sense in my case because I charged my macbook next to a big window with a bit of cold air coming in (this is during winter time). What I tried is (and this may sound ridiculous) blow dry the block part and the connector part (for a minute or 2 be a bit careful though) and after doing that the light quickly turned green and charged my macbook. I don't think blowdrying the charger is a very good thing but I just wanted to quickly test if the charger being too cold was the problem. I have read on others sites that people tried other methods to heat it up like sitting on it (for 5 minutes) or putting it under their armpit. I must say my charger turned on for just a couple of seconds but that atleast proved to me that the charger being too cold was the problem. It probably just turned on for acouple of seconds because I used my macbook in a room where it's pretty cold for a long time. In other words, it's still too cold for it to work consistently. I think the charger just needs to be in a warm enough area for awhile. Another reason why I think the mac charger being too cold is the problem is because when I use my macbook in another room where it's pretty warm the charger out of nowhere starts working after acouple of hours.

Used the SMC reset NVRAM reset unplugged restarted and OMG the only thing that worked was the &&^&^$^ armpit method. Miracles really do happen. Coolest fix I’ve ever experienced seriously thank you!! You saved me time and money I’m in awe

I literaly had zero amps and a status of no charge for my brand new installed battery and my arm pits warmth was the only thing that worked.

Sometimes cleaning the charger port can solve this problem, try using cotton buds to clean the sensor and the surrounding area.

Charger port is brand new.

i had the sam issue , i have tried everything and nothing, than i opened my macbook unplugged the battery socket with the charger connected and everything is perfect now

Candace will be eternally grateful.