Mid 2010 Model A1278 / 2.4 or 2.66 GHz Core 2 Duo processor

battery won't charge up, no green lights

When the charger is plugged in, the battery symbol on the upper left shows a blacked out battery with the "energy bolt" as it is getting power from the cord. However, it won't charge it any further. So, if the computer is used without the cord, thus, using battery, that's it... ! I've replaced the charger and that didn't work. I also replaced the battery, that also did not work. I then replaced the charge port and still, no luck :( What is my next step? This computer was too expensive in my opinion to give up and I'd rather not have to get a new computer or take it to a shop. I can take pictures if desired. If anyone believes they have the solution and can give me a list of what I need and how to do it I'd be much appreciative. Thanks.

I've done all of this with no result. The charging port is also brand new. I reset the SMC numerous times thinking I just wasn't doing it right. It just is not working.

Yeah, I did that... Everything is normal save for chargin with 0 watts. I can't screenshot it because I let my computer go to 0 percent thinking maybe letting the battery do a full cycle would help. But no :(. I really don't want to take it in and I've heard changing the chip on the logic board? I'm pretty sure that involves soldering. I'll do it if I see a step by step for it. Otherwise I don't feel advanced enough to do that myself. Getting someone else to would probably cost more than getting a new logic board and putting it in myself... As I've heard just having someone change the port is around $400!

So, I downloaded coconut battery and realized something. The new batter that I bought was manufactured 1979-11-30.... it's 37 years old!! I didn't know that was even possible? I mean, I have a mid 2010 macbook pro.... I would just assume the A1332 batteries would be made respectively around that decade at least lol I don't know for sure but I am assuming li-ion polymer batteries self-discharge over time, lose their shelf life etc... So, I'm ordering a new battery AGAIN and hopefully this solves the problem... Oh, I also go my computer to run by taking the battery out... unplugging it, holding the power button...plugging it back in (without the battery WHILE still holding the power button) releasing the power button and pressing the power again and it turned on. Wow, amazing!

Cheap knock-off ;-{

Try performing an SMC reset and see if that helps. Steps on how to perform it:

1. Make sure the MacBook is shut down.

2. Plug in the MagSafe or USB-C power adapter to a power source and to your Mac.

3. Using the built-in keyboard, press Shift-Control-Option on the left side of the keyboard, then press the power button at the same time. Hold these keys and the power button for 10 seconds.

4. Release all keys, then press the power button again to turn on your Mac.

For more information about resetting the SMC visit this page:

https://support.apple.com/en-au/HT201295

Lets give this gem of an app a try to see what your SMC services see: coconut Battery.

Once you install it open the main screen and take a snapshot so we can see what you see as well. Paste it into a fresh answer.

Sometimes cleaning the charger port can solve this problem, try using cotton buds to clean the sensor and the surrounding area.

Charger port is brand new.

This literally works for me! http://www.hightechdad.com/2013/12/17/ma...

Candace will be eternally grateful.