Final generation of the Pontiac Grand Am.

Why my car wont start

2003 pontiac grand am has a hole in the exhaust pipe but was running good with that problem. Got it towed it sat for a few days den got it out then a few days later it cut off while I was driving. It started back up but seemed louder den usual so I den parked it until later. I get in it nd drive for a few miles den it shuts off. I'd put the key in the on position then the service engine soon sign would be on but it a turn over but wouldn't crank. After a few times of trying to start it the battery almost dies out. I get a jump for about 10 mins nd still nothing. Tried to start it the next day and nothing. Now it's just sitting I need help before I junk it.

Father's Day Gift Guide
Let’s honor more than our dads—let’s celebrate all the mentors who taught us how to fix.
Father's Day Gift Guide
Let’s honor those who taught us how to fix.

@pbell , Prentice, sorry to here about your car failing you. The list is great to what the problem could be for your car not starting. Faulty fuel pump/filter, bad crank sensor, bad coil, bad computer, etc. etc.. It would be best to have the car scanned for trouble/error codes to help eliminate guess work. If you know somebody with a code reader/scanner, have them plug it into the OBD port and research the present codes to see what the problem could be. A lot of parts suppliers offer free code reading like Pepboys, Nappa, Advanced auto, etc. and some have very knowledgeable staff that may help. Good luck.

I hope this helped you out, if so let me know by pressing the helpful button.

Prentice Bell will be eternally grateful.