Guides and support for various TV brands and styles.

It turns on then will turn off right away

I recently bought a 46" Emerson TV model number: lf461em4. I press the power button it takes a few seconds to turn on but once it shows on it turns off after a few seconds

GIVE TOOLS. FIX FOREVER.

GIVE TOOLS.

FIX FOREVER.

Spread the Fixmas cheer.

GIVE TOOLS. FIX FOREVER.

Spread the Fixmas cheer.

Hunter Paxton when you say turns off, you did not tell us if you mean your set turns off entirely or just your display which turns off. Either way it does sound like an issue with the power supply board. You always want to check your warranty on this as well. You stated that it is a recently purchased TV, so contact the seller and see if it is covered first

Unplug your set and remove the back. Then look for obvious damage of the boards (leaking capacitors, missing or charred components etc.) Post plenty of images with your question. That will allow us to see what you see. Use this guide for that. Emerson is a bit off brand. I believe your set is actually made by Funai and rebranded as Emerson, Sylvania and Magnavox models. See if you have a chassis number showing on the back label.

Hunter Paxton will be eternally grateful.