Released on September 19, 2014, this 5.5" screen iPhone is the larger version of the iPhone 6.

iPhone 6 Plus tristar replacement

Hello. I have iPhone 6 Plus and I replaced tristar to it. Before repair I tested it with multimeter for how mutch USB cable give power to the battery bracket on logigboard

and the volt was 0.01v and with new tristar the battery bracket gived random volts wery fast 3.50v, 2.45v 1.20v etc. Do anybody have any ideas what is going on? Before repair iPhone wasn't charging or warming at all and no powered on. Screen was black and still is. I have reflowed it without any results.

Any help would be much appreciated.

EDIT 01.08.2017

With new good battery and tristar reflowed once again the iPhone works again.

Is that with the battery plugged in? Maybe it isn't sensing the gas gauge circuit and dropping the voltage.

No, the battery wasn't plugged in when I tested the bracket with multimeter.

Take the gas gauge circuit off an old battery and hook the multimeter to the circuit prongs that go to the cell. Then plug it in and try and charge it, the voltage should be around 4.2v

Ok. Now I tested the voltage with battery. With USB cable and without USB cable. With cable it show 2.85v and without USB cable 0.65v.

Sorry I dont know what "gas gauge" means.. heh. My English is not so good :/

The gas gauge is the circut between the battery cell and the logic board, it is the bottom 0.5cm of the battery. You can get it off, but make sure you don't puncture the battery.

1st the TriStar is not a charging IC it is a high speed switch that switches between vcc main/vccbatt it also switches cpu and baseband hence the name tri. Tigris is the charging IC. TriStar requires three voltages to function, a reverse gate handshake pin power in. If you have schematics and tools I will help you tomorrow when I am in work

Thank you for the information. But I already replaced the tristar and now the iPhone works. Thanks

Inspiraattori will be eternally grateful.