The iMac is Apple's line of all-in-one desktop computers.

Looking for an Apple AASP! (Apple Authorized Service Professional)

I have an iMac that I bought from a friend who was an Apple at home advisor. The company that employed them went under and they sold off the equipment. Now some how my 4 year old sibling was able to set a firmware password and completely locked me out of the iMac. Apple refuses to help me since I don't have the original receipt and basically said Im SOL. So I'm looking for an AASP who has the ability to reset the lock. I have the iMac's hash, I just need to give it to them and they can create a binary file which needs placed onto a USB drive which will reset the firmware lock. I don't see why Apple allows absolutely ANYONE to set a firmware password on a Mac without the Admin account's permission. If you or anyone you know can help, please please let me know! I have important, irreplaceable data on there and also all of my classes so I'm probably going to fail now :(

Sorry, an Apple AASP won't be able to help you here.

Your only hope is to take the hard drive out of the system and then connect it to another Mac system using either a HD case to hold the drive or using a Universal Drive Adapter to gain access to your important files.

Universal Drive Adapter Image

Product

Universal Drive Adapter

$24.95

CAB will be eternally grateful.