Why won't my phone go into recovery mode?

I'm trying to put my phone into recovery mode but when I hold the home button and plug it into the computer it just starts up like it normally would instead of going into recovery mode. Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong?

Keep the phone plugged in. Hold home and Power for 8-10 seconds or until the phone turns off.

You may need to hold the power button again for a few seconds to make sure the phone switches on again while plugged in.

Keep holding home button when doing so until it shows the iTunes recovery symbol.

have tried this many times but still doenst work

could there possibly be a hardware issue preventing me from putting into recovery mode?

Which iPhone? iPhone 7 and 7 plus specifically need you to hold the volume down button and power to boot into recovery mode instead of holding the home button (home button does not work / function until the phone is booted)

It looks like you have a faulty home button, does your home button work 100%?

Logan Winward will be eternally grateful.