Why won't my phone go into recovery mode?

I'm trying to put my phone into recovery mode but when I hold the home button and plug it into the computer it just starts up like it normally would instead of going into recovery mode. Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong?

Keep the phone plugged in. Hold home and Power for 8-10 seconds or until the phone turns off.

You may need to hold the power button again for a few seconds to make sure the phone switches on again while plugged in.

Keep holding home button when doing so until it shows the iTunes recovery symbol.

have tried this many times but still doenst work

could there possibly be a hardware issue preventing me from putting into recovery mode?

Which iPhone? iPhone 7 and 7 plus specifically need you to hold the volume down button and power to boot into recovery mode instead of holding the home button (home button does not work / function until the phone is booted)

I'm not allowed to downvote this. But this was useless.

Lol yeah ok. If your phone absolutely refuses to go recovery mode then obviously the phone has a major hardware issue most likely board level.

https://support.apple.com/en-au/ht204306

If the phone switches on fine you can reboot to recovery mode via 3Utools on the multiple flash tab.

Josh O'Brien useless to whom? The question by the OP was for an explanation on how to boot the phone into recovery mode. The steps that the OP took were corrected by @benjamen50. No further response from the OP followed that answer. So, I am sorry that you feel that this was useless and it may not have helped you but there would be no reason to downvote it. Downvotes on here are usually reserved for blatantly wrong or malicious answers but not for answers that one does not like.

It looks like you have a faulty home button, does your home button work 100%?

I upgrade my iPhone 6s and it goes to dfu mode and I cannot solve it because it stays in this situation

Plz help me and answer me if I downgrade to lower ios this problem will fix ????

Logan Winward will be eternally grateful.