The Apple Watch Series 1 is a revamp of the original Apple Watch, announced September 7, 2016.

Can you replace or repair the crown on Apple Watch? Series 1)

So long story short my cousins pit bull magically got ahold of my Apple Watch that was charging on my dresser. Really the only big thing that bothers me is the crown is really scratched up now. Any way I can fix it or replace it?

I'll give you two answers, and both of them are no, but one is a lot longer.

1. The crown is really deep in the device and requires moving a lot of stuff that will probably break. I can't in good conscience advise trying it.

2. The biggest wall faced by anyone trying to repair an Apple watch is that there are a large number of interconnected cables that are soldered together, and while *theoretically* you can remove everything at the same time, the likelihood of not tearing these cables is very slim. After removing the display/battery, you would also have to remove the taptic engine and antenna, while not being able to fully disconnect them from the processor. Then, you'd have to disconnect the internal nut from the crown, which takes me a very large metal clamp, needle-nose pliers, and more effort than I should have ever put into it. From that point, we could supply you with a new crown, but then you have to reassemble everything without causing damage, and you'd likely lose most or all of the water-resistance of your watch.

Being said, if you're very committed to trying, I'm more than happy to assist you in the process.

Best of luck in your repair!

Alex

Darn :( was really hoping I could've swapped it out... Is there any way I can fix it? Like maybe somehow sand it down and repaint it? It's like REALLLLY scratched up.

Could you upload a picture? How deep are the grooves?

Brian Montes will be eternally grateful.