A followup to the LG V10 smartphone, similar to the LG G5, released on September 29, 2016. The LG V20 can be distinguished by the model numbers F800, H910, H918, H990 DS Dual, H990N Dual, H990T, LS997, US996, and VS995. It is available in titan, pink, or silver with 32/64 GB of storage.

Where is the antenna located in the lg v20

hi, anyone know where is the antenna located in the lg v20? TIA!

Most Helpful Answer

The LG V20 has two antennas placed near small polymer pieces that serve as bumpers. One antenna is located near the top of the phone while the other antenna is along the bottom.

Can u further explain where the antennas are...are they accessible on outside of phone or inside? Or are they even accesible?

I had it replaced... It is just as bad. The worst phone ever. I will never buy LG anything again. LG is dead to me. Buy their $@$* at your own risk.

Did you have the antenna replaced, or the phone? I am now stuck with my v20, so it the antenna is replaceable somehow, I'd love to know how to do it!

Get it replaced, my v20 has best cell reception ever yours must be defective.

I have added foil on the inside of my phone...it has helped out alot...google it

I haven't been able to find out how to do the foil hack anywhere. Where do you add it to in the phone to improve the reception? Thanks!

Can an alloy case around the circumference of the LG V20 cause significant degradation of signal?

I just got an LG V20 in April...it is by far the worst POS phone I have ever owned. It drops calls constantly, actually, I think it drops nearly every caller. I bought a Love Mei case for the phone because it is a fully encased case and has port covers to keep out dirt and dust. Well, with that on the phone, my reception basically was none existent. I actually had an (x) over the bars as in no reception. Other times if I had two bars, the phone would only let me make emergency phone calls. I removed the case and now I have one bar. My old phones never had this issue. I think I am stuck with this piece of crap until paid off....I will NEVER EVER buy another LG for anything. If this is what they call a phone...it makes me question all their useless products. This is the first LG I have owned. All my previous phones were HTC and before that Motorola....LG is total crap. If you are reading this and considering on buying an LG phone...DON'T DO IT. Worst phone and phone manufacturer on the planet.

Man i just did the same thing. Lg v20 and a black love mei .. I had nothing. I wish i would of see this stuff sooner. Live and learn..

I've had the same problems as Mark. My LG3 prior to the V20 had the same problems. I live in the city and I drop calls all day. When I had my LG basic phone...I NEVER dropped a call.

I don't understand what everyone is complaining about. Where do you people live? I live in the middle of nowhere (I have a V20) with a cell tower at least a few miles away in mountainous terrain, and I usually have 1 bar (sometimes 2, sometimes none). If I take the metal back off the phone (which seems to hinder the connection) I get a minimum of 1 bar, sometimes 3 bars. In even very small towns I get 2-4 bars, and have never dropped a call. My girlfriend has a Samsung A5 and always has a 1 bar better signal than me, so obviously the LG doesn't have the best signal. But I still don't understand these issues people are bringing up. I live outside of a small town, and my signal is almost always active, with no dropped calls.

Sound more like a carrier problem, not the phone.

I am on my 2nd LG, a V20. I bought it because the first LG died so it was more of a replacement, not a new purchase. It has never worked inside my home while my wife has an older iPhone which always works. We are on one of the big 3 (I won’t mention who as I refuse to advertise for them). I have an ap that measures the signal strength and the BEST I have ever had inside my home is -110 dB which is basically NO signal as -100 is considered the bare minimum or zero signal. The carrier says it is not their problem and LG says the same thing. The phone works reasonably well outside the house but what good is it if it does not work inside my home?

BTW, the 1st LG had the exact problem. One thing for sure is I will NEVER buy another LG phone. For the record, I am NOT working for a competitor or any paid hacker or troll, but a legit phone owner.

On a side note, we bought an iPhone off eBay that was advertised “New, in original box” with warranty. After 3 months I had problems where the phone stopped charging so I took it to the Apple retail dealer who plugged it in and much to my surprise found out it was 2 years old! He showed me on his iPad screen the original purchase date along with a repair made in 2017 (it is now Oct 2018). Man was I P/O’d! He said he could not give a copy to me but he could show the eBay fraud dept so we communicated with the seller who dragged their feet so I went to PayPal who finally refunded our money. So buyer beware!

So is there a solution that solves the crappy reception on the LG V20?

We're the phones you are comparing on the same carrier? If not the comparison is not valid. Maybe check who transmits signal closest to your house and change over to them. My LG V20 990DS in Australia has no problems with receiving signals and never drops calls , even in remote places where I didn't expect to get a signal. If there are no close cell towers try one of those signal boosters on your house. Also take off any phone covers when inside.. Some metallic types can block signal almost totally .

Kaye will be eternally grateful.