Model A1312 / Mid 2010 / 3.2 GHz Core i3 or 2.8 & 3.6 GHz Core i5 or 2.93 GHz Core i7

Broken Internal Display connector

I have an iMac 27" that someone has damaged the display connector and snapped some pins from the board while attempting to replace the hard drive. Where can I obtain a replacement connector?

This does not contain enough information to give you an answer. "snapped some pins from the board"? Is the is the display connector or the hard drive connector? Please take some photos so that we have a clue as to what your problems are.

It needs to be soldered back together. I've done the same thing and I'm just debating selling my entire computer.

I had the same problem, only i admid i broke it myself;)

I ordered a LCD internal connector for a 27" on ebay:

http://www.ebay.nl/itm/APPLE-imac-27-inc...

Problem is to find a guy or service who can solder it on the logic board.

It should be a piece of cake for a person with some smt soldering skills, unless you can do it your self.

If you are in the US, my contact info is in my profile.

wow, thanks Mil! Looking for a solution to the exact same problem for months, I had the other problem: I found a guy who was ready to do it, but not without all the pins :) Thanks to your link, problem is gonna be solved!

This site is awesome!

Dan will be eternally grateful.