Guides and support for various TV brands and styles.

Would you recommend to look after this TV defect myself?

My Tv is a Sony 48KDL600b model. My little niece fell on her knees on it, now there's a tiny bruise on the upper left of the screen. There is color in that region still. If I look from below I can see that some panel underneath the screen looks wavy in the bruise region. There's a hole that indicates that something fliped out. So, my question is, should I teardown the TV and just try to reacommodate whatever fliped out. I just don't want to waste my TV totaly, but it looks like a relatively easy fix can be made. Believe me, it looks way worse in these photos than in IRL. Thanks for your time.

Most Helpful Answer

@santimaci seems like there are a couple of numbers missing on your model :-) should be a 40, 48 or 60 in front of that. Anyhow, from what you are describing it sounds like either pressure marks or a broken LCD panel. At this time I suggest you leave it alone. Post some images of what you see with your question. That will allow us to see what you see and hopefully help you a bit more. Use this guide for that.

Done. Photos and more details.

Looks like a diffuser sheet that got pushed in. It is not just about taking the TV apart but you would have to also take the panel apart. Not a big job, but a very tedious job. I'd leave it alone until you get to the point where you really can't stand it anymore. LCD itself looks fine so it should give you no further trouble. BTW hope your little niece is fine and that nobody got really hurt.

She's okay. The incident happened like one year and a half, LOL. Better not screwing around with this, so. Thanks.

@santimaci that was funny:-) In that case I'd definitely leave it alone. If it hasn't caused any issues yet, I bet it wont in the future.

Luis will be eternally grateful.