What could cause this bright spot on the screen?

I replaced my earpiece speaker and front camera assembly on my iPhone 6, due to the proximity sensor not working and diminishing sound quality coming from the speaker. After the repair the phone was fully functional again, but I noticed a bright spot on the screen (see link below for photo, circled the spot in red.) It's always visible, but mostly visible when the screen is displaying lighter colors, especially white. It almost looks like something is pressing the back of the screen, but I opened the phone back up and there is nothing in that area that could cause that. The spot gets brighter if I apply pressure to the screen around it, making me think it's some sort of mechanical damage, but I was very careful with handling the screen during the repair. Any idea if I did anything wrong or how I could fix this, short of replacing the display? If a display replacement is necessary could I do it without replacing the glass?

Photo link: http://imgur.com/a/7WHVP

Actually might just be dust sitting under the metal backplate.

@benjamen50 absolutely right. Could be. I made the assumption that the OP "opened the phone back up and there is nothing in that area " had checked that :-)

@benjamen50 Thanks! I'm thinking that's probably it. I used compressed air to clear dust off the backside of the screen before I installed the earpiece, and it's very likely that dust was pushed under the back plate in doing so. Is removing the backplate to clean under it a simple operation? Anything to be careful of? Haven't seen it mentioned in any other how-to's. Thanks again!

Yep fairly simple.

You will have to carefully remove the home button and the metal plate by unscrewing it and carefully removing the bottom end of the home button extension cable as it's held in by adhesive. I personally use razor blades and dig in hard under them carefully.

Because there is a metal plate under the home button extension cable. I use a prying tool for the home button cable itself though.

@benjamen50 I opened it back up and pulled the plate off, sure enough there was a grain of sand right where the spot was appearing. Gently cleaned the panel and shield off, reassembled, problem solved. Thanks again!

@mmartin932 that looks like a pressure spot. There is no real repair for it. to eliminate it you will have to replace the display.

If it happens, is there any possibility to show future problems.

I had a white spot. Upper right hand corner. My iPhone started to crash unexpectedly. And was REALLY slow at the end of a he day. Clunky!

My battery was in guarantee.

Took it in. Battery had overheated. And was misshapen as well causing pressure on screen.

Changed battery and my phone is now lightning fast and good again.

Thank God

Michael Martin will be eternally grateful.