The PlayStation 3 Slim is the second version of the PS3 video game console produced by Sony Computer Entertainment. It was released September 1, 2009.

PS3 HDMI Port Failing?

I was using the YouTube app on my PS3. Once I exited the app the screen briefly flashed to a static screen then remained black, while still showing green 'power on' light.

I turned off the TV and reset the PS3. PS3 dashboard was with normal video and sound.

Just curious if this is a precursor to a failing HDMI port on the PS3 or TV, or a failing HDMI cable. I'm using a VIZIO HDTV and a VIZIO HDMI cable.

Hi Chelsey Cain, don't do all the things which you can find in the internet like hold down power 3 and 5 sec, changing cable, changing hard disk...etc. believe me it won't work. and more over it may currept your ps3

1. Hold down power 2 sec to reset VGA (in 5 percent it will work if not all below will be fail only)

2. Changing cables (not work)

3. Formatting, Hard Reset PSR (not work)

4. Changing Hard Disk (not work)

5. Trying to downgrade (not work)

6. finally - changing TV...(not work)

So, please let me know if you found any other solution.

I personally tried on my ps3 slim but by doing the same thing repeately my ps3 hard disk fried. I just bought new one but still the same.

I haven't had any issues since. I believe the VGA reset worked.

chelcee will be eternally grateful.