Released March 2016, the Rift CV1 is the first consumer-targeted virtual reality headset by Oculus.

Ribbon cable (headphones/rear tracking sensors) broken

Hey guys...

Some days ago, I bought one CV1 it from a friend. But unfortunately in the transport the ribbon cable in headband it broke. I tried repair this ribbon cable but I don't had success. I tried talk with the Oculus Support...I asked if they send me another headband for make my rift 100% again but apparently, they do not want help me. I know how disassembly/assembly my rift, this is no worry for me...but they said basically "Sorry to hear that Rift was damaged"...short answer: buy another one.

Anyone can help me about this problem? How can repair? Where find something that can use for fix?

I tried amend the ribbon cable using wires but when I test continuity with multimeter any pin doesn't work.

1- Before try fix, I tested continuity between this pins and the headphone pins, it's working.

2- I received the oculus in this situation. I needed cut the ribbon cable after this hole because was torn.

3- Conversation with the Oculus Support Team

3 - Soldered pins with wires in the both sides, at the moment, all that's fine. I tested again the continuity between the blue wire sides, it's working too...but if a test between the blue wire side and headphone contact...not working :( (maybe why I use this wire? need another wire type?)

4 - Another picture without zoom

Me too, did you ever manage to fix it?

No, I sold this and will buy another one :/

Hi Luiz.

My Oculus rift slowly developed an audio issue. I took it apart to find the ribbon cable was half torn (only audio in left ear)

How many cables were there in the ribbon cable to solder?

B

My attempt did not work ... I sold this Rift and bought another one, I believe it is the only solution :/

That's some fine soldering. Did you manage to reslove the problem?

That's some fine soldering on them delicate ribbons. Did you manage to resolve the problem?

Just read further. That's rubbish. They should provide the so as requested parts. What do you think stopped it from working. If you had continuity it should have worked.

the ribbon cable from my rift was cut in half. is there any other way to get the infared leds working on the back? maybe power them externally? i dont care about the audio. but do i really need the leds on the back when i have 4 camera's? i'm not experiencing any problems without the leds thus far maybe because i have 4 camera's.

Luiz Augusto Lago will be eternally grateful.