Why do I have a Dead Screen?
So I cracked my iPhone and I lived with it for a while. Then one day I decided to change the screen (HERE). I replace it just as I saw on youtube and put it all back together. When I plugged her in, I expected a bright apple logo. But to my surprise there was none. However, the interesting factor was that when I looked on iTunes, my phone showed up. Here are my observations:
- Phone does not vibrate
- Home Button does operate (I was able to enter recovery mode)
- No music is played when headphone remote is pressed
- Does not seem to receive calls (no sound is given off)
- Disconnect battery and reconnect
- Restart my Phone
- Restore my Phone
- Disconnect and Reconnect my flex cables
- Create a nonconductive barrier between the flex cables and the shield covering them
- Power Button was broken before hand (Can't troubleshoot with that)
- It connects to iTunes but cannot be backed up and apps cannot be viewed.
Did I order a bad screen or did my Logic board blow?
Is this a good question?