Why do I have a Dead Screen?

So I cracked my iPhone and I lived with it for a while. Then one day I decided to change the screen (HERE). I replace it just as I saw on youtube and put it all back together. When I plugged her in, I expected a bright apple logo. But to my surprise there was none. However, the interesting factor was that when I looked on iTunes, my phone showed up. Here are my observations:

- Phone does not vibrate

- Home Button does operate (I was able to enter recovery mode)

- No music is played when headphone remote is pressed

- Does not seem to receive calls (no sound is given off)

Attempted Troubleshooting:

- Disconnect battery and reconnect

- Restart my Phone

- Restore my Phone

- Disconnect and Reconnect my flex cables

- Create a nonconductive barrier between the flex cables and the shield covering them

FYI:

- Power Button was broken before hand (Can't troubleshoot with that)

- It connects to iTunes but cannot be backed up and apps cannot be viewed.

Did I order a bad screen or did my Logic board blow?

Hrmm....did iTunes attempt to restore?

Its very possible that you got a bad screen. The kit you ordered actually looks pretty nice but sometimes things happen and you get a bad one. A bad screen shouldn't cause the symptoms you are seeing but I have seen weirder things happen with a bad screen. The good news is its fulfilled by Amazon, so they should swap it for you no problem.

I would also believe it if you told me that the power button being bad was a part of the problem. Its a cheap enough part to replace but it does take some patience to get the new one installed.

If it were me, I'd swap the screen and fix the power button. Otherwise you have too many variables to narrow down the problem.

I'm going to try to put the old screen back in. If it works, that'll definitely tell me I need a new screen

UPDATE: Old Screen Does NOT seem to work

It did turn out that I was just sent a defective part. I put the old screen back together, reset the phone and it turned on.

In some rare cases a faulty screen can cause the logic board to be shorted or stop the phone from booting but usually not bad enough to damage the board or corrupt the firmware / system software.

Had it happen a few times with badly damaged iPhone 5C and 6 screen usually a sign of ripped LCD cable.

As when I plug into my charging tested it showed less than 1.0A current.

Changing the screen solved the power issue.

I've see bad screens do all kinds of things that logically should not be possible. The worst was on some kind of Droid where a bad screen corrupted the NAND.

Its not logically possible that a screen could do that but I saw it happen. It happens often enough with iPhones that I don't even try to figure out why. Toss a known working in, throw it on the charger and hard reset it.

daniel Lozovskiy will be eternally grateful.