Model A1419 / EMC 2806 & EMC 2834/ Late 2014 or Early 2015 or late 2015 / 3.3 or 3.5 GHz Core i5 or 4.0 GHz Core i7 Processor / Retina 5K display

Backlight won't turn on

So after I upgraded my late 2015 iMac 27" and put it back together, the backlight did not turn on when started up.

Its just the backlight because I can see everything on the screen if I shine a strong light on it. I recently looked at the diagnostic LEDs on the logic board and the 4th one will not light when starting up. That leads me to indicate the issue is with the backlight board.

Any thoughts on how i can fix that?

Or, could it be an issue on the display side like the connections? The connections were good from what I could see.

I can't seem to find any info in 2015 iMacs.

Here's the collection of IFIXIT guides for your system: iMac Intel 27" Retina 5K Display Repair.

I would review them to see what you might have forgotten or mis-connected.

Yeah i keep looking . Ive tried to re do the whole thing multiple times and have the same outcome

The only thing I can think of is you blew the backlight LED voltage regulator on the main logic board somehow. At this point I think you'll need to throw in the white flag and bring your system into an Apple Store or Apple authorized service center. Hopefully you can weasel your self into a free repair otherwise it could be expensive!

Darn lol i didn't want to accept this fate but i was thinking the same thing

Sean H will be eternally grateful.