Repair guides and support for LED, LCD, HD and other Vizio TVs.

screen randomly goes black, then comes back?

my vizio tv is quite old. i would sat about 5 or maybe 6 years. its a 42 inch smart tv. its always worked great up until about 2 weeks ago i noticed that when i was playing PS4 the screen went black for maybe 2-3 seconds then came back on. in this time i could still hear the sound, but the picture went black. it only does it once in a while. so at this point its not a huge problem, but id like to repair it before it gets really bad.

does anyone know what causes this and what parts i would need to repair it?

This might not be a problem with the tv, it could be more or less the PlayStation or even the cable that you used causing the problem, I'd suggest starting with getting a new HDMI cable, if that seems not to work, then look at the teardown guide and make sure everything looks in place, and even look in the port, make sure there's nothing odd looking inside of it (TV and Playstation).

Playstation 4 Teardown- PlayStation 4 Teardown

Playstation 4 Slim teardown- PlayStation 4 Slim Teardown

Playstation 4 Pro Teardown- PlayStation 4 Pro Teardown

PlayStation 4 Image

Guide

PlayStation 4 Teardown

Difficulty: Moderate

well i also have my desktop computer connected to the tv via HDMI cable. and i have noticed the problem while watching youtube on the computer as well.

Do you use the same HDMI Cable for both?

no i do not, i have separate cords and they are in different ports.

definitely a Problem with the TV, More then likely something wrong with the board/Ports themselves, This isn't my field of expertise, Phones and tablets are. I'll look around though!

josh will be eternally grateful.