Blank blue screen and no picture or sound

im

age|981850]

I have a Sony Bravia KDL-42W705B purchased Jan 2015.

When I turn it on I now get a full screen of blank light Blue and no sound.

Sony says you may reset the TV settings to the factory default but I can,t as there is no menu or home button due to No picture. Anyone help as SONY say it is out of the one year warranty and they are not liable for any repairs.

Its a disgrace, I will never buy SONY again and will advise others to follow suit.

Surely A TV should last more than 18 months

I have tried a power reset without success Jayeff thanks though.

I have attached a photo of the blue screen Oldturkey03,

Hope this helps

Hi, Try a power reset.

Switch off the TV and unplug it from the power outlet. Press and hold the power button on the TV for 30 seconds to remove any residual power from the TV, then release the button.

Reconnect the power cord and switch on the wall outlet. Turn on the TV and see if has been restored.

@brownal could be a T-con erro. Post some images of what uor screen looks like with your question. Use this guide Adding images to an existing question for that. It will allow us to see what you see.

Rep: 1

Same happening to my Sont Brava. Blue screen. Different fault nessage every time i.e. Insert you viewing card, fault 30, fault 02.

Sony TV bought at Harvey Norman's in Limerick 2016.

Almost 700 euro

I have a blue screen but I do have audio. I just replaced the T-CON board with a new board and still have a blue screen.

Most Helpful Answer

@brownal this looks like your backlight is on. This could be an issue with the main board. That is the board that controls the audio and video. Remove the back of your set and check all the wiring and look for obvious damage ot the components as well as the interconnect wiring. You need a multimeter to check the voltages going from the power board to the main board.

Dears..I face same issue..I made very easy steps..just unplug all z electric cable..& put in again..Now it's working perfect...Don't go far complications...start with easy soln.

I have the same problem with my Sony bravia 32 in TV...blue screen no sound no picture..I went out and bought a new TV different make...thought I'd try the sony again it had been left untouched for three weeks..pluged it in and it, worked for three weeks that is, then it's done the same again...I can get sound if connected to my talk TV box..but not when that is disconnected...anyone any ideas

My sony bravia as a blue screen too, its a 2015 model. Did you have any luck trying to find out what the problem was? X

Hi my sony is a puzzle to me...I was going to take to the skip the first time it did it.i had left it three weeks in the bedroom not plugged into any thing then tried it one last time and it came on as if nothing had happened...I put it back in the sitting room and after 6 weeks it did the same again no picture no sound just the blue screen.So back in the bedroom ready to be thrown out...aftr two weeks I was about to take the thing to bits to dump it again.only to plug it in to find it working..I had been trying it every few days and had nothing..but the day I was about to skip it I tried it and once again it worked...it's like this TV knows when I'm going to dump it...so I have no idea what is wrong with it..I phoned Sony and they couldn't help. And not interested if out of warranty...maybe just needs a rest...if you find out let me know...leave yours for awhile see what happens...I have bought a Philips TV and it's brill...the Sony is in the bedroom having a rest..still working..at the moment...

ALEX BROWN will be eternally grateful.