Blank blue screen and no picture or sound

im

age|981850]

I have a Sony Bravia KDL-42W705B purchased Jan 2015.

When I turn it on I now get a full screen of blank light Blue and no sound.

Sony says you may reset the TV settings to the factory default but I can,t as there is no menu or home button due to No picture. Anyone help as SONY say it is out of the one year warranty and they are not liable for any repairs.

Its a disgrace, I will never buy SONY again and will advise others to follow suit.

Surely A TV should last more than 18 months

I have tried a power reset without success Jayeff thanks though.

I have attached a photo of the blue screen Oldturkey03,

Hope this helps

Hi, Try a power reset.

Switch off the TV and unplug it from the power outlet. Press and hold the power button on the TV for 30 seconds to remove any residual power from the TV, then release the button.

Reconnect the power cord and switch on the wall outlet. Turn on the TV and see if has been restored.

@brownal could be a T-con erro. Post some images of what uor screen looks like with your question. Use this guide Adding images to an existing question for that. It will allow us to see what you see.

Rep: 1

Same happening to my Sont Brava. Blue screen. Different fault nessage every time i.e. Insert you viewing card, fault 30, fault 02.

Sony TV bought at Harvey Norman's in Limerick 2016.

Almost 700 euro

Most Helpful Answer

@brownal this looks like your backlight is on. This could be an issue with the main board. That is the board that controls the audio and video. Remove the back of your set and check all the wiring and look for obvious damage ot the components as well as the interconnect wiring. You need a multimeter to check the voltages going from the power board to the main board.

ALEX BROWN will be eternally grateful.