This laptop from HP was released in November of 2011. It has a 17.3" display and and comes in either silver or nero black. A notable feature of this model is its dual subwoofer sound system.

availability of hp 657503-001 battery as of nov. 2016

does anyone know where this battery can be purchased???

my battery has a dead cell and will only take a 66% charge and i have been unable to find one.

It's my turn looking for a battery for my ENVY 17-3090NR 3D.

I'm going to have it cracked open and rebuilt locally. Chances are it's a bunch of 18650's in there, it shouldn't be much of a problem, can even upgrade to a Sanyo NCR 18650GA cell.

The Battery Management System is generally the fault of a battery pack, it appears from the lead wires that the balancing is done on the MoBo, so a defective BMS shouldn't be the issue, I have no problems with my MoBo.

Ya, just 1 year past the last manufacturing run date its obsolete, parts from secondary markets aren't even stocked.......

Thanks but I took a chance on one of Amazon's Chinese batts last Dec 1st. It turned out good, even shipment was within a week. Its a 12 cell, 10.8v but it does the job. Poops out in about 1.2 hrs but at least it takes a full charge relatively quick. About 85 - 90 % of my use is as a desktop so its working good for me. Thanks again for your consideration tho. Ray

where you able to fix the battery?

what was inside?

I didn't take pictures, I should have, it is a 3S4P 18650 pack. I used leftover TESLA NCA18650GA cells in the rebuild that I did myself. So in the end that is 12 cells in total for the rebuild.

Most Helpful Answer

@ayeray looks like ebay.com amazon.com as well as places like this have them. Definitely not cheap, but available.

I know. They seem to be all from China. My experience with products shipped from China has not been good. I guess I'll have to use this laptop as a desktop or risk ordering a battery from our good friends in China.

OOPS! Thanks for the response though. From another old turkey.

@ayeray I get you. Yep, looks like all of those are from China. I wonder if the original came from there too. Anyhow, ever considered sending it off to get it rebuild. sometimes the defunct cell's can be replaced. Take a look on here.

OUT OF STOCK .... as of March 15 2017. Back to the plan of having the pack rebuilt.

RAY AYEARST will be eternally grateful.