Will not turn on, no red light

I have a 65" UN65JS850DFXZA Samsung TV that will not power on. There is no red standby light. Nothing happens. Any suggestions would be great. It is not the remote. The set has power. I have unplugged the one connect device. I have left the set unplugged for hours. Still nothing.

I have tried what you suggested. There was no storm or power surge. There is power going to TV. the power cord goes from an outlet to the TV.

I have this same problem too. Please help me. I was watching television and suddenly Samsung TV shuts down just now. I tried to turn it back on bug nothing happened. I pull off the cord and put back in and turn off/on switch. Nothing changes. Please help me. I'm so gonna get kill by my mum. And the TV haven't reach one year.

Heloo pano kung sinaksak ko ung plug tpos umilaw nman tpos nmmatay din...ano kaya problema nia.tnx

The same problem. When I plugged in the usb, it did not show the files on the screen. Then I plugged the usb out, suddenly the tv shut down. And when I tried to turn it back on, it did not. And nothing happen. I tried several times but it's still dead. What might be the problem and how can I fix it?

My samsung smart tv done the same and its only 4 weeks old..fine one minute and switched it off..came back a few hours later and its dead..getting a replacement tommorrow

New Battery = Faster iPhone
Fix Kits starting at $16.99

lainiest if you have guaranteed power to the set it is likely you are having an issue with the power board. You will have to unplug it and remove the back of the set. Then check the power board for any blown fuses or other components. You do want to post pictures of your boards with your question so we can try and assist you further with that. For that use this guide The attached image should show the fuse on your power board. Check for continuity and see if you get power to that, once it is checked. Unplug your set to check it for continuity. Then plug it in and use your meter to check for power.

Erm...this is great if you know what the heck you're talking about lol what about advice for us novices?

Cass Ababio but that was for novices :-)) What make and model is your TV? What are the symptoms? What have you checked? What tools do you have available (multimeter etc.) and what are your abilities? I am more than willing to guide you through things step-by-step.

Checking for continuity means that you are checking to see if a current is going through the fuse. When using a meter it should show 0 or 1 if the fuse is good. If nothing happens, you will need to replace the fuse.

Hi, Was there a storm or blackout between the time when it was working and when it wasn't?

have you tried disconnecting the power cord and pressing the power button on the TV for 30 seconds then reconnecting the power cord turning on the power outlet and then try turning on the TV?

Is the power cord connected directly to an outlet or does it come via a powerboard? How have you proved that the set has power?

It worked for me!!! Thank u jayeff!!

I tried the comment about turning off the TV and hold the power button for 30 seconds. I tried that and it didn't work. Then I thought, how can holding the power button do anything, when there is no power. So I tried holding the power button while the TV was on and it worked.

Hi @swanless ,

Holding the power button on when there is no power supplied to the TV allows any "residual" power that is in the TV to dissipate.

By doing this what is hoped will happen is that if there is any corrupted data (caused by a power surge for example) which prevents the firmware from functioning correctly will be deleted (or lost) and the TV will revert back to a default operating condition. Obviously this can't happen if the power is still connected to the TV

You may not believe this but it is usually the first thing most electronics techs (and help centres) do as it can resolve a lot of problems. It is known as a "power refresh" and it can be surprisingly effective in a lot of cases.

Thank you, jayeef! Your solution still works for newer Samsungs, too!

On the power board, there is a relay (its what clicks when you power on). If you tap on the relay (becareful , use the plastic end of a screwdriver), the power should come back on. The relays are crap..

lainiest will be eternally grateful.