4-inch iPhone released in March 2016 with similar hardware specifications to the 6s. Available in Silver, Space Grey, Gold, or Rose Gold with 16/64 GB storage options. Model A1662 and A1723.

Nothing but static from my phone what do I do

I think I got water in my phone or something but for some odd reason someone called me on messenger and all I heard was static and they couldn't hear me then the called again and I couldn't hear them but they could hear me then another time and it finally worked but during the first few times came this awful static sounds that replaces the ringing and the whole time the person was talking then I tried my head phone and they were working fine for more then a whole day and a half hen out of no where I can hear not one thing out of them I don't know what to do and my moms gonna get mad but os there a way to figure out what's wrong and not have much to do that will draw attention

Did the phone get wet at all or not?

If so then as you know water and electronics and electricity are not a good mix.

The water causes corrosion and provides circuit paths for the electricity which were not in the phone's operating design and could damage the components.

First do not turn on your phone and then you need to remove the battery as soon as possible from the phone to minimize further damage.''

Then you need to dis-assemble the rest of the phone and clean all the affected parts using Isopropyl Alcohol 90%+ to remove all traces of corrosion and water. Do not use "rubbing alcohol" as in some cases this is only 70% and is not as effective. If you do check the label to verify the amount

Here is a link that in general, describes the process.

Electronics Water Damage

You may have to replace the battery as it is very hard to recover a battery from water damage.

As always with electronics, especially surface mounted PCBs be gentle when handling and especially when brushing away the corrosion. You do not want to remove any components from the board.

Hopefully after you have done all this the phone might possibly work correctly again.

Here is a link to the ifixit guide(s) for repairing your phone.

iPhone SE Repair

If this process seems too daunting, take your phone to a reputable, professional phone repair service and ask for a quote for a repair.

If you decide to do this, do it sooner than later.

Desiree will be eternally grateful.