The Apple iPhone 5c was announced on September 10, 2013. Repair of this device is similar to the previous models, and requires screwdrivers and prying tools. Available as GSM or CDMA / 8, 16, 32 GB / White, Pink, Yellow, Blue, and Green.

iPhone 5c won't charge past 3%

My iPhone 5c won't charge and the charger is brand new but after I plugged it into my moms Dodge Journey USB port my phone stoped charging , now it dies and turns back on but doesn't charge past 3% and the lighting bolt doesn't pop up , does it need a new battery ? Help

The iPhone charging subsystem can be damaged by non-MFi (Made for iDevice) certified chargers. Based on the sequence of events you describe, this is what happened to your phone. Cheap dollar-store charging bricks also can cause this.

While it is possible that your battery is defective, I believe that the Tristar(U2) IC on your device was damaged by the USB port. This is not a DIY repair unless you have experience in micro-soldering.

If you have access to a known-good battery, you can always replace it. If a known-good battery does not charge, then it is a U2 problem.

iPhone 5c Battery Replacement

The 5C also suffers from micro-fractures on the logic board so this could also be the root problem on your device. A qualified repair shop that does micro-soldering should be able to troubleshoot your device properly if you don't want to do it yourself.

Shadiamond will be eternally grateful.